[3/13] Project presentations on Thursday, March 13th, 1-4:30pm, Ry 255
[1/15] Important folders/files: papers, questions, misc files, answers, and reports
[1/7] Welcome to the Advanced OS course!
[Old] Click here for old news ..
Please read the class description.
Where: RY 277
When: M 3:30-4:50pm and F 3-4:20pm
(or 3:30-4:50pm if there is a faculty candidate talk)
If this schedule creates a conflict with your other classes, please let me know.
Links: Time schedule entry, Academic Calendar
Don't forget to read the question files before reading the papers, and please submit your answers.
Operating System Kernels:M, Jan 6: No Lecture (Brrr!)
- F, Jan 10: First Lecture, Projects, Hints
- M, Jan 13: THE, Nucleus, Unix,
- F, Jan 17: Exokernel-1, Exokernel-2, Unikernel
M, Jan 20: No Lecture (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- F, Jan 24: Corey
- M, Jan 27: PTask
- F, Jan 31: Resource Containers
File and Storage Systems:
- M, Feb 3: Disk, RAID (original)
- F, Feb 7: FFS
- M, Feb 10: LogFS, Journaling FS
- F, Feb 14: btrfs, XFS
M, Feb 17: No Lecture (Out of Office)
- F, Feb 21: VM Basics, Disco
- M, Feb 24: VMware ESX, Xen Paravirtualization
- F, Feb 28: VM Migration, VM Cloning
New Storage Technology:
- M, Mar 3: Understanding SSD, Tradeoffs, BPLRU, WA, NAND,
- F, Mar 7: BPLRU, Lifetime, TRIM
- M, Mar 10: PCM, Implications , BPFS, NV-Heaps, Mnemosyne,
Finishing:R, Mar 13: Project presentations, Ry 255, 1-4:30pm
F, Mar 21: Final paper due (at 11:59pm)